World

North Korea denounces U.S. move to bring ballistic missile submarine to peninsula

Jul 10, 2023

Pyongyang [North Korea], July 10: North Korea denounced on Monday what it called a move by the United States to introduce a nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine to waters near the Korean peninsula, saying it creates a situation that brings a nuclear conflict closer to reality.
North Korea also claimed U.S. reconnaissance planes recently violated its air space near the east coast, quoting an unnamed spokesperson of its Ministry of National Defence in a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.
"There is no guarantee that a shocking incident where a U.S. air force strategic reconnaissance plane is shot down over the East Sea will not happen," the spokesperson said.
The moves by the United States to introduce strategic nuclear assets to the Korean peninsula is a blatant nuclear blackmail against North Korea and regional countries and presents a grave threat to peace, KCNA said.
A U.S. nuclear-powered cruise missile submarine arrived at the port of Busan in South Korea last month.
In April, the leaders of South Korea and the United States agreed a U.S. Navy nuclear-armed ballistic missile submarine will visit South Korea for the first time since the 1980s but no timetable has been given for such a visit.
Source: Fijian Broadcasting Cooperation

More news

Trấn Thanh's Tết Film Surpasses 200 Billion VND, Announces Legal Action Over Illegal Recording

Seoul [South Korea], February 22: In an official press release, the distributor announced that just four days after its official premiere, there had been cases of illegal recordings of the film Thỏ ơi, directed by Trấn Thanh, which were then uploaded to social media platforms and content-sharing websites.

Feb 22, 2026